February 21, 2013
NOTE: Our Media Camp office in Burbank, CA (Warner Bros.) is also hiring a hustler. Let us know if you are interested in both/either location. We’re still looking for one more hacker in SF, so apply now!
Would you like to spend the summer in San Francisco helping define the way the world will watch television years from now? Do you want a big company internship with a startup feel? We’re part of the Emerging Technologies group for Turner Broadcasting, the folks who bring you CNN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Turner Sports, and so much more.
Our small team of veterans from Apple, Microsoft, and Google (all with additional entrepreneurial and/or investment experience) was built to transform the television experience. We’ve been creating experiences on everything from Smart TVs to iPhones and Android phones to iPads and XBoxes and more. We partner on cutting-edge products with everyone from Twitter and Google to tiny startups. In fact, we can’t even tell you about some of our top-secret projects until you join. We also launched Media Camp, a startup accelerator program for media technologies to help innovative new startups get into Turner properties.
We’re looking for students with great attitude and enthusiasm to work with us on these exciting initiatives. Associates will have the rare opportunity to participate in intimate educational sessions reserved for the best technology startups in the media space, and mingle with media executives, investors, entrepreneurs and technologists from the Silicon Valley and beyond. Whether you aspire to be a hustler, a hacker, or a designer for the next great startup, we want you to work and learn with us. We promise you’ll learn a ton, meet some great people who will help your career, and never be bored.
- Current / recent undergraduate and graduate students
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to commit 40 hours per week for 3 months with occasional evenings for dinners & social events
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in and ability to work in both a team environment and alone with minimal direction
- Knowledge of Mac and PC computers, including use Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Demonstrated use and comfort navigating websites and tools, including blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing, etc.
- Interest in supporting entrepreneurs and technology innovation
- Coursework in business, communications, engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of online advertising, SEM, SEO, WordPress, Adobe Suite (business applicants)
- Knowledge of web languages such as PHP, Python, Ruby, and Java as well as experience developing apps for devices platforms such as Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone (engineering applicants)
Compensation: Weekly stipend + event-related perks like free food